Friday, May 11, 2007

Revd Up!

Hi Fans!

I just thought you might be interested to know that I'm doing a concert. I'll be performing a one man show on Saturday 23rd of June, in St James' Church, Emsworth (directions on request).

The concert is to raise money for my forthcoming trip to Uganda, where my family and I will be visiting charitable projects in the Mbale region. We want to have some money with us, to support their work - hence the concert. So bring your wallets!

The concert will include a selection of Victorian songs (like The Holy City, and Jerusalem) as well as the Songs of Travel by Vaughan Williams. Then, after a cheese and wine break, I will perform some of my own music. If you want to hear some of that before making up your mind as to whether or not to come, check out the Music page of my website by CLICKING HERE

Hope to see you all there!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:38 pm

    Tom, am I right in thinking that there are going to be confirmation classes running in your parish sometime soon? If so then can I recommend a book to any candidates - 'Travelling Well' by Stephen Cottrell and Steve Croft. Having considered myself a Christian all my life I suddenly had a massive panic and doubting moment earlier this year and decided to start all over again. I found this book really useful! It helped me reassess my relationship with God and what I really believe. Having been brought up in a Christian family I'd never really stopped to think about my own journey of faith and this book was really helpful when I finally did! A very good read and definitely something I'll keep on my bedside table for constant referral back to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:59 pm

    Hey Uncle Tom. Your Concert sounds amazing. were thinking of coming but we were wandering how much the tickets were!!!
    ive been loging on to your website most weeks and i have to admit that everything you write is really inspiring. keep it up XXX Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete